Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February Show & Tell

Yes, I know it is March already and this is February's Show & Tell and it is only 3 days until March's meeting. I Know I have been a real slacker at posting the Sow & Tell over the last year. I promised at Feb's meeting that I would be way better this year. Well, hmmm...

It is true that one should do Show & Tell posts immediately after the meeting because I can't remember who owns most of the quilts shown here. Bad ex president!

Scotty dogs:
This is a bag Amy made, inspired by the wonderful bags seen in the Quilts Japan magazine.

The front:
The back:
The side:
Why, do you suppose, I take photos of such variable quality??

Amy also made this bag, I think for a friend who lives in Korea. I was told she could have sold the bag about 5 times over in the space of getting from the airport to her apartment.
Here is a lovely Jacobs ladder quilt done in autumn colours:
And another autumn toned quilt made, I think, from fabrics purchased in Canada. (Phillipa's?)
Now whose bag is this?
UPDATE: My sources tell me this is Anita's bag



The sun block in the top lefthand corner of this quilt was fab. Much brighter than shows up here. It made me feel very cheery.
Delightful daisies, or is that gerberas? (Everyone knows I don't garden)
A gollie quilt
Moira is making a wasitcoat for her husband. Please excuse the perspective. It really isn't as big as it looks.
The back:
I'm sorry, I really have no idea who this quilt belongs to. I hope someone reading this will be able to tell me and I will make an update.
Ditto for this one
This lovely baby quilt was made by Rosalie for her niece's baby:
The back:
We had a visitor from Wellington and she showed us this dramatic quilt:
Janice's husband turned 60 a few months ago. At the party Janice had bloks of fabric ready for people to decorate and now she has most of the top finished. Very clever.
That's all folks. I hope to be back next week with March's offerings.

No comments: