Saturday, August 1, 2009

July Show & Tell

And moving right along we now have the show & Tell from July.

Doreen is a couple of years the 'wrong' side of 80 and is a fairly recent convert to quilting. These table runners are her latest pieces. Isn't she doing well?
Pat made this very popular Bugs pattern:
and this scrap cot quilt:
Lyn made this retro apron. I remember my mother wearing these "cover-all's"Susan fussy-cut every single hexagon on this I Spy quilt. It was fantastic:and the Disney characters she embroidered on this quilt are very sweet:
A new member, Ann, was brave enough to bring some show & tell to her first meeting. She showed us this sampler quilt with lovely soft colourings:
and this popular pattern, from Grandmother's Garden I think:
The ladies liked the bag Ann used to carry her quilts in:
This is a scrap piece made by moi. I was given several, well lots (make that hundreds!) of pre-cut 1 1/2" squares and I couldn't bear to ditch them (the ladies thought I was nuts sewing such small squares together) so I am teaming them up with half-square triangles in this Jacob's ladder variation. I kinda like it:
This quilt was made using the very beautiful Nancy Halverson fabrics and the photo does not really do it justice. Made by 'I don't know who' since I can't find itwritten on the list I was given:
Roesmary made this scrap quilt using quarter-square triangles:
Lesley's pieced hearts quilt was very cheery:
Madeline did a 'piece and cut' type workshop at Symposium (sorry, I don't know who the tutor was. She made the resulting blocks into this bag:


Frances is doing the very lovely Susan Claire block of the month. This is one of the borders:

No comments: