Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Show and Tell

Rosalie was away on holiday last month so I took the photos. My apologies for the late posting, I kinda forgot I had them :-)

First up is our Guest Speaker for the day, Christina Barrington. Christina is a very well known local tutor and she brought some very pretty quilts for us to look at. Here she is with her current project. I love the fabrics she is using, so fresh and clear.
Now for our show and tell. This quilt is made by Donna for her daughter's 21st. This quilt was finished just in time and we were privileged to get it back for a look-see :-)
 Kath showed a quilt she has finished. Lovely fabrics in this simple squares quilt.
The back was great too. A great way to use up pre-printed panels.
Maureen showed this very masculine quilt, made from, I think, a disappearing nine patch pattern
Veronica finished her sampler quilt from last year's Cloth Shop Saturday Sampler that many of us took part in. Well done, Veronica, it looks great. Mine is pin basted ready to quilt but that is as far as it has progressed :-(
 I am not sure who the next quilt belongs too. I forgot to ask someone to make notes and now I have forgotten. Let me know if it belongs to you!
Carol showed two little stitcheries she has finished. Great idea being prepared for the festive season.
And a couple of lovely pleated bags
These mice pin cushions were just too cute. Sorry about the blurry picture (and I've forgotten who made them, Jo R, I think?)
Keitha models the bag she made
 Frances showed the ballet bag she made for her grand daughter . . .
and a block from the sampler she is doing
Margaret displays the sewing bag she got for her birthday
and the next pictures are of the the easy table runner some of the ladies made in the morning session







No comments: